Microsoft Exchange server 2010 sp1 installation steps are similar Exchange Server 2010 but there are a lot of differences that you will understand while you manage it.
Some of improvements of Exchange Server 2010 sp1
- Client Access role improvements
- Permissions functionality
- High Availability functionality
- Mailbox and recipients functionality
- Messaging policy functionality
- X64 architecture-based computer
- Minimum 1.2 GB disk space
- RAM depends on roles but minimum 8 GB
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 Standard with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with SP2
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SP1
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with SP1
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter RTM or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter RTM or later
If you have got above requirements and Active directory, you are ready to install Exchange 2010 SP1
Before installation please install these:
- .NET 3.5 SP1
- All updates and Service packs
- .NET 4
- AD DS tool
Last step before installation is preparing Active Directory. If you have legacy Exchange server
you have to run this command in command-prompt screen:
setup /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions or setup /pl
If this is new installation you must run this command in command-prompt screen:
Setup /PS (Prepare Schema)
Choose Language option ( install only languages from the DVD)
If you click on “yes”, Exchange Server will automatically send error reports to Microsoft. We’ve chosen “No”
This is the most critical part of installation. You must what do you need? Will you install all roles in same server or split them up? Best practices 0recommend us to split them up to separate servers if your organization structure is big or email service is important for you. Click on Typical
Write your specify the name for your organization
Do you have Outlook 2003 clients?
We will configure this area later. Click Next
No we don’t want to join.
The installation has not started yet. If you have any problem for installation, you will see problems and solutions. If everything is ready. Click INSTALL.
Before installing Exchange Server 2010 into production environment, we recommend that you install it in an isolated test area.
You can send email us to help your planning phase, Proof of Concept phase or deploying it into production environment.