Office 365 – Active Directory Preparation Part 2
We will sync our objects in the Active Directoy soon. Before doing it, we have to ensure that Active Directory and application, DirSync, is ready.
Today’s short lesson is requirements of Dirsync. This application will be a bridge between your internal Active Directory and Office 365. That’s why it needs more attention.
The default installation of the Diretory sync tool includes MS SQL 2012 Express SP1. Also, the server it will be installed onto must be one of those;
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 Std/Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter
- 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard or DatacenterFurthermore, .NET Framework 3.5 PS1 and .NET 4.0Last thing is make sure that only Administrators have access this serverStay tuned
- Sonat Yaylali
- Although it supports above operating system, sometimes it can be installed on Windows 2003 Server. This server, as you know, has no any PowerShell. So, If you have Windows 2003 server for DirSync, you need to install PowerShell. It can be here
- This server must be joined to Active Directory. Therefore you cannot install it on a standalone server.