Office 365 Creating a New Address List in Exchange Online (Office 365)
First of all, I’d like to start to show you what we have in Exchange online. If you have an Exchange on premise, managing GALs are easy.
The scenario is that a customer who has no Exchange on promise and wants to create a GAL for External users.
In order to do that, you need a new Role group. Otherwise you can’t see the address list although you are global administrator.
- Log into portal.microsoftonline.com using a global administrator Office 365 account
- In the top menu bar, click on Admin and then Exchange
- You are now in Exchange Admin Center, EAC
- On the left, click Permissions
- Click on the plus sign to add a new Role Group
- Name: Address List Management
- Roles: add “Address List” role
- Members: add your global admin account as a member
- Save the role group
The steps above grant you access to “New-Globaladdresslist” and “New-addresslist”
Second thing is to connect to Exchange online via WAAD PowerShell
Open the Windows Azure Active Directory PowerShell as Administrator
$LiveCred = Get-Credential
Note: The above command will open a login window. Enter an Office 365 administrator address and password.
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
To see what Address List you have;
To see any specifis address list;
Get-addresslist –identity “Sales”
In order to create a new address list
New-addresslist –name “Sales Melbourne”
If you want to add recipient filter;
New-addresslist –name “Sales Melbourne” –RecipentFilter “Office –eq ‘Melbourne’ ”
Now Let’s create a new offline address book
New-GlobalAddressList –name “GAL_Sales Melbourne” –RecipientFilter “Office –eq ‘Melbourne’ ”